Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The great balancing act

Life is a balancing act. I mean, think about it really. Too much or too little of one thing and everything gets all messed up in your mind. Too much work and you're a greedy workaholic, too little and your lazy. Too much socializing and you're popular but people don't think your sincere, too little and your a loser. Too much exercise and you're obsessed and maybe need to find more hobbies, too little and you're clearly out of shape. You seeing the pattern? Today was one of those days, which I'm sure everyone has, that my whole body just wants to breakdown and cry. It's perfectly normal I'm sure, especially in girls. And at first I didn't even know what was wrong, but then I got to thinking- my life is crazy out of balance and I don't know how to fix it. I'm leaning toward the workaholic, loser, out of shape parts...but there's so much more to it than that. Things are just not as clear as they used to be and I'm losing a bit of motivation and hope- which is bad. So here's a little story for you. Once upon a time I was in high school and things got unbalanced pretty easily. When this happened I would run away- big kid style. Sometimes I went on a drive and that fixed it, and sometimes I went to Idaho. I think I ran away to Idaho a total of 4 times my senior year. After all that running away I figured it was a good place for me- I mean, things just became clear when I was up there for some reason. So that's a big part of why I went to school there. So fastforward to me today becoming unbalanced. And then add on to it that although I'm living at home, I'm homesick- for Idaho and the life I had there! So as you may have guessed. It's time to run away again. I mean...just look at these wide open spaces...wouldn't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment