Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A funny little story

Because life's supposed to be funny. Right?
So lately I've been hearing all these creepy stories from my coworkers. One of them was about some creeper stalker peeping tom in college who would do freaky things like scratch on her window and other stuff. I don't want to talk about it really- just a little background so you know the reason why I'm so paranoid in a minute. Anyways. My parents are out of town- so I sleep in their bed. That's normal right? I didn't want to sleep in the basement by myself and I just wanted to be on the same level as my little sisters since my parents were gone. And it's a dang good thing I did! I went down to my room to get dressed in the morning and I hear this awful scratching on my window. My first thought, of course, is that there is a mass murderer in my window well! And then I realize that it's morning time and so that is obviously not the case. So I open the drapes and lo and behold I find a gofer. In my window well. I obviously can't deal with it. I mean- first off I'd freak out and second- I would never be able to kill it- which is what you're supposed to do with pests right? (The girl at my work said I should have dropped it off at the humane society :) ) So I run off to work and make my little sister take care of it. So this is her solution...Open the window (a major NO in my life- do you know how many spiders dwell in that window well?!) set up a cardboard box, and scare it into the box with a broom handle. And then...she just threw the box away. Some people call pest control, but in the Baird household, we throw our pests away. ...? But think about it! What was she going to do if that little creature were to have ran into my room instead of the box!?? Anyways. The point  of the matter is- it's a good thing I slept in my parents bed or I would have been mega freaked out by the scratching of the windows at night. The end.

2 comments:

  1. oh. my. Bront Bront. you are hilarious. obviously you couldn't deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats ok sometimes. =)

    Followed. Maybe you'll visit me.
    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete