Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

So for father's day I'm doing two things. One. Officially allowing my dad to look at my blog (he hasn't been allowed to since the 10 things I love about my dad article was supposed to be a surprise for father's day...so I made him wait). And two. Giving him a flower arrangement. I know that flowers are stereo-typically for girls, but I'm pretty sure boys like them too. Plus I made sure they were masculine ish colors (yellow orange and blue). And it's an idea that I've wanted to do for SO long. 
This is my older sister Erika who I always drag to the store with me to buy flowers

And yes, I'm still cheaply buying them at the grocery store, not a flower shop.

Carnations and Gypsophila...and then I used Daisies from the garden at home

In an Ikea watering can.

I'm kindof proud of it anyways...and it was fun to make. Actually...one of my favorites so far.



Also. While I was making this I watched a movie with my family called Green Card. It's kindof ironic. Here's the deal. It's about a girl named Bronte (why I wanted to watch it) who's obsessed with plants and lives in New York with a gorgeous apartment and a huge greenhouse. Living the dream. And then it's a chick flick and she falls in love with this French guy. But I thought the parallel was pretty funny (besides the fact and I'm not in love with a French man), and it was actually a good movie. My favorite quote was when she's telling him how she got her name (named after the Bronte sisters...writers...as am I) and she says "I think they named me that hoping I would end up doing something artistic" or something like that. You get the point...It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment