Sunday, June 24, 2012

A day at liberty park

Brought some food for the ducks- I had a mix of peanut butter crackers, chow mien, gram crackers, and bread. But I learned that they only have an appreciation for bread- so boring of them!

Strolling through the park for the perfect spot to play- like two little hippies- me and my lil sister.


My favorite part was the group of canoe-rs who stopped and requested to be serenaded. :) They actually patiently waited through a whole song. And afterward the little girl yelled "I like that penguin!" Penguin, of course, translates into 'play again'. Love little kid talk. :)
Maybe it's just me- but I do love an audience- and we did have quite a few people stop and listen for a bit. And I loved it.

And yes, getting eaten alive by all the water bugs and mosquitos was worth it.

These two cuties instantly became our friends at the words "do you want some treats to feed the ducks?" 
My instructions: "Just rip off little pieces and throw them in"
What actually happened: He ripped off the corner of a gramcracker and then threw the rest in, keeping the ripped off corner. That's one way to do it I guess. 




Rent a boat: $6 for 20 min. ...I wish I would have had cash!

Gorgeous park...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment