Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day by day

Lately I've been having daily breakdowns due to the crazy stress of college finally feeling like it's coming into full swing. Once a day I get real stressed and I start having these thoughts like 'why can't I do anything right?' and 'how will I ever catch up' and 'you stupid girl for thinking you could handle 18 credits and a job' and the like. So when I'm thinking 'how will I ever handle this?' I am inspired (literally every day since I saw the movie) by this quote. 


 Because really what else can you do but take it one day at a time? So each day I tell myself 'don’t worry, today’s not the stressful one. Just get what you need to done today and you’ll figure the rest out tomorrow.' And so days pass by like that. And pretty soon the stressful days passed while you were telling yourself to take it day by day, and to not freak out about all the days at once. Not that they pass in a 'where did the time go, what have I done with my life?' kind of way. It's more like 'hey, I got everything done that I needed and life turned out to be great and enjoyable and everything I wanted at the same that I was worrying about all that stuff!" way. But you never even remember the thousands of to-do lists and the constant receipts, and the times where the only thing you wanted was to be done reading the hecka long chapter in your Social Work book so you could go home and eat the same leftovers that you’ve had for the past 4 nights (not to get too specific, but that was Tuesday).  So seriously. Don’t stress about ALL the homework assignments at once. And don’t stress about all the finances and things to do, and people to please, and blah ba blah ba blah. Because all you really can do is take it day by day.
Happy Wednesday and keep on keepin' on.

4 comments:

  1. Aw Bront Bront, I really needed this today. I also need to call and update you because I need someone to talk to!! Love you so much! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Also, keep on keepin on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bront Bront! I felt like this was for me today! Thank you so much for posting this. I didn't know you were taking so many credits AND working. You can join the crazy club with Lorin and I (and Miranda too!). We all miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bront, you can do it! Stay amazing. And inspirational. And beautiful. And crafty. And domestic.

    ReplyDelete