Friday, September 7, 2012

Travel: Chicago

Here come a lot of posts about my travels lately and then a post about art from museums I visited- because I'm just a little too obsessed with art.
Part one- I went to Chicago to visit my sister Zoie and her husband Aaron.
First it rained but we went on a walk anyways. Around the beautiful campus of Wheaton college.




And then zoie painted and I attempted. Look how talented she is.



And holy architecture. I wanted to take a million pictures of the beautiful buildings. 
This is a cathedral where we sat in on a mass. The had a copy of Michaelangelo's Pieta inside- faaaancy!


Opera house at Millennium Park- this park is something you absolutely have to see if you ever go. Also- just plain walking around for hours is a must do.






The BEAN!!! This is also at the park.








Random awesome statues



Church singers- I thought they were Amish at first.


Some people try too hard....I don't even know.


This is the Tribute tower. I didn't really spend a lot of time at it, but I wish I did. Gorgeous architecture up top, and on the bottom they have little pieces from buildings throughout history and the world. That one on the left is the world trade center.


See that super tall one? That's the sears tower.





Sears tower skywalk. 110 stories up and stanting on nothing but glass- it's a little scary. But the views up there are incredible! And doesn't Lake Michigan just look like an ocean? I love it.




 Kayaking down the Chicago river- definitely my favorite part. Three hours of straight kayaking makes for soar arms, but awesome avoid-the-tour-boat skills.







Michael Jackson at a stoplight? He just needs a little work on the hat.
Jazz festival in the park! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment