Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cranes and families

Let's get a little personal here. I've been thinking about my grandma today. Mostly because in a couple of days- for the first time in a while, and probably the last time in a while, all of my family will be under the same roof. I mean my little family of siblings and parents. And then we're going to be quite spread out. And so I've been thinking about families. And so...
A year or so ago my Grandma passed away. She saw it coming. So before she left she went to each of her children's houses for a goodbye dinner. I'm not sure what went down at the other houses- but my lil' sister had been working for a long time on a paper crane project. The story has it that if someone is given 1,000 paper cranes, they get a wish. So for years she'd been working on these cranes for my dying Grandma. I'm sure most people in her situation would have liked to wish to get better. But when presented with that last crane and when asked what her wish was, she just wanted for her family to be strong. To be strong as a family, and to be strong in the church. That's it.

So that's what I've been thinking about. Being strong as a family. So as the boxes pile into trucks and miles are about to separate us for a while- here's to my own family staying strong and together and staying best friends. Because seriously- they ARE my best friends.

And just because I love videos...some recent memories with my family that I've loved. To some sentimental music...it was basically all I had.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Bronte, dear, I'll lend you some music ;) Cute video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i'd have had more videos (and time) it would have been longer and therefore would have fit with a longer song. That song just matched the length of the video, so it was an easy way out. I'm still working on my video skills..;)

    ReplyDelete