Monday, July 30, 2012

Couer d'Alene, Idaho

Pictures of things I loved on this trip and a couple of my thoughts typed up in between them. Enjoy. And yes, I know it's a million pictures all at once.


Just before the trip- but it was such a cute picture I couldn't resist. My brother and his baby.
Also before the trip- got to see my sister before she moved to Chicago!



 This is the house we stayed at right on the lake. Found it on vrbo.com which I highly recommend if you are ever trying to rent any type of place to stay anywhere. It's a cool website. Anyways...firepit on the beach- which you only had to walk down like 80 steps (workout!) to get to, and a dock! Our neighbor let us borrow his boat also. And a fantastic view from any of the 3 decks.

 Flippers because, you know, I can't swim. Quin can but she still uses them as she freaks out over something...?
 Lovely.
 Hippy headband- all day every day! Especially because each day was a debate between should I shower or continue on with this wavy beachy dreadlock-esque hair of mine. The latter usually won.
 My cute family- I wanted to put a million pictures on, so to be convenient there are a lot of collages. And that face the baby's making- hilarious!
 Okay- so all up the Couer d'Alene river at the end of the lake are these houses (which are really on the shore of the WHOLE lake) but on the river especially it reminded me of a Venice-like town, just placed in the mountains of Idaho. here are some pictures of some really ritzy ones and one not so ritzy one.
 Sunsets.
  
 Fires on the beach and midnight swimming. Also. I finally got to make Smoreos! (smores on oreos)


 I would never get tired of sitting on that dock.

Love love LOVE wearing swimsuits and coverups all week.  And according to Forever 21 manikins it's okay to wear too-long shirts like this now. I liked the idea anyways.
 And from the little town of Harrison that we discovered. And I mean REALLY LITTLE! But still. They had a nice creamery and antique shop. That house in the middle- maybe I just like the color, but also I love the small old-looking houses in a small town. And what do they give their flowers to grow like that!?

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment