Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lots of awkward and some awesome


Awkward:

-Finding out that every night my dad cracks a glowstick and throws it out into the road to confuse people driving by. ...?
-Getting paid $5.25 in pennies by an angry customer for a sandwhich...put it was correct to the penny! I kindof felt like Derek Smeath from Confessions of a Shopoholic- you know, the annoying debt collector who eventually gets paid back in pennies.
-Speaking of work...people on the phones who don't understand directions. When I asked this girl if her address was east or west and she responded with "no...it's not like...an east or a west...it's like a number on a house." People. They make me laugh sometimes.
-A huge chunk of my city poweroutaged/blacked out. And I'm still going all conspiracy theory on it and thinking it's some top secret project of the government that caused it...or something like that.
-While watching my new favorite murder mystery TV shows- Lie to Me...I'm in this super intense part..and I hear this weird noise...so I turn around to look out the window to see none other than my little boy neighbor playing a kazoo and staring at me. For one- ??? and how long had he been there? For two- yes, I fell out of my chair in pure shock/fear. Scared the daylights out of me.
-And final awkward moment is a spider rant from a girl living in a basement...
I fear them. Who doesn't? But it's fine. I live with it. But the other day one got in my BED! So I got a little freaked out- and before killing it I may have given it a speech. Something along the lines of 'this is my one place of comfort and you are NOT allowed here!' because naturally it's okay if they are everywhere else- just not my bed. But then the second time I saw one on my bed- it got away. And I turned into a baby and maybe cried a little bit and refused to sleep in my bed until 2 spider bombs, and 2 different kinds of sprays in various places all over, a complete rearranging of the furniture just to check every inch, and a complete vacuuming. So anyways. Spiders. and I'm sure you didn't want to hear ALL that...but it's my blog, so get over it. :)

And some Awesome:


The fact that I can wear this and I'm pretty sure it's in style even though it's a total 80s way to wear a shirt.

This recipe which I made with my best friend the other day. Yeah...I made the picture extra big just to make you hungry. :)

These cute statues that I found outside a restaurant in Bountiful that I went out to eat at with my other best friend upon her return from AFRICA! We had to meet halfway while she was still in Utah. Man do I miss that girl!

But don't you just wish your local park had these fun statues in them? I do.



And summer Maxi skirts. What's not to love?



1 comment:

  1. spiders...uhmmmm and truly vintage clothes. awesome.

    ReplyDelete