Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chalk the Streets!

One of the blogs that I read does an "Awkward and awesome" post once a week...basically just saying the good and bad moments she's been having. So here is my Awkward and Awesome about the Chalk Art Festival this year. (Except it wasn't really awkward...but you get the point).
Awesome:
People watching- seriously one of my favorite things. Also, since we were down town a lot of people have really good fashion (sometimes the children have better fashion than myself) but it was like watching my whole Pintrest wardrobe walk around. Plus- people do some crazy things...and say some crazy things. Nothing like men walking around in costumes, children saying whatever the heck they want because let's be honest...children are just honest, and listening in on the middle of people's conversations as they walk by.
Awkward:
People watching us- Sometimes I feel a little bit like I'm in a zoo. People passing by the artists just don't realize that we CAN infact hear them. And while we sit there they pass by and take pictures and critique what we do.

Awesome:
We always have a sleepover in between the two days and I tell ya...it never gets old. Staying up laughing until one in the morning over the dumbest jokes like crazies. 
Awkward:
The next day being way super exhausted and HOT and let's be honest here for a second. This year's picture probably wasn't our favorite and we were getting a little sick of it by the end. And were maybe not the happiest with how it turned out...

Awesome:
Chalking with two of my best friends for two days straight. And chalking. It's the funnest thing to see this huge convention of adults using sidewalk chalk to the extreme. Plus, who doesn't love making art?

No close ups on the work- but you can pretty much see it.
Awkward:
We won first place for People's Choice. Which is fine and all..because who doesn't like winning? But there were just so many other completely deserving artists there!! Also I and all my hate for texting have a problem with the voting system which is based on text. So maybe we won more due to our huge support group of friends over actual artistic skill this year. But what can you do?

PS...to see the other Artist's work go to their facebook page "Chalk Art Festival" and they'll be putting pictures up come Monday. My poor little camera didn't take pictures that could do everyone justice, so you have to go facebook for a good representation. There was some INCREDIBLE stuff this year. My personal favorites were the Dreamcatcher, Mary and Jesus, Dr, Seuss, and the Foster Friends...if you look it up. :)

This one just because I think people take the most beautiful pictures when they are looking down and unaware. It makes them look peaceful...This is my gorgeous best friend Leah.

And my family sitting nicely in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment