Sunday, June 10, 2012

So call me maybe?


This is just a little rant by me because I am technologically behind in the fact that I do not have texting. It’s fine really. My parents pay for my phone, which I’m grateful for, but that means I have a phone plan without texting. It has made me very aware of the problem society has with communication. My very own little sister will refuse to call a friend for a ride. She doesn’t even have a phone! She’d rather text via computer and wait for the answer that way. Maybe I’m just too impatient. But it’s a pet peeve of mine when I’m with a group of people and one of them needs an answer quick from a friend, but instead of calling they text and wait. And it bugs me to no end when I give someone my number and the second they find out I don’t have texting- I never hear from them again. So many possible friends and dates…gone. People really have become unwilling to make phone calls- which are so much more personal! I’ll admit that I even don’t like calling people sometimes. I sometimes text with other people’s phones because I know that it’s annoying to call. And anyways, texting is slow, expressionless, and short. Although I’m a hypocrite in the sense that, yes, I still do wish I had texting so I could join in with the rest of society, I’m just sayin’ that I’ve noticed that we’ve got a real communication problem coming up with all this technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment