Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How to feel beautiful without all that makeup


I was talking to this girl that I work with the other day and I asked her how she gets her skin so clear. Now she's a little bit of a hipster, so it didn't surprise me too much when her answer was that facewash and foundation are a scam and she doesn't use either and it's working out just fine for her. So I thought what the heck. While I'm home for the summer I really have no one to impress, so I might as well try it. I've been off it for about 3 weeks now. At first, I felt really weird, and ugly for sure. I mean exposed too. But I'm pretty sure no one even noticed that I stopped wearing foundation. And eventually I stopped noticing too. But the thing is- even though I don't think my skin's improving, it FEELS GOOD! So. Reasons that you should at least give no foundation a try. 1. Saves you money 2. Save it for special occasions like dates and parties and then you'll feel and look extra pretty 3. I think it really is good for your skin to go natural for a while 4. Who wants to be worrying about makeup in the Summer anyways? 5. There's so many problems that happen when you wear it everyday (ie your skin looks super fake when you cake it on, and it feels greasy, and it takes a lot of time) 6. Why not? It's worth a try right? And what to do to still feel beautiful without makeup...dress up your outfits a little more, get creative with hairstyles- with today's fashion you can get away with a lot of bizaro stuff, and trying new stuff will definitely distract you from the absence of makeup, get a little tan (sun always helps the skin), and wear heels. Heels always help a girl feel pretty- I'm pretty sure of it. 
No foundation + bizaro sock bun hair style =  it's all good!
And another one of my new favorite hairstyles. No clamp curls on one side. 
And a one sided french braid on the other side. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing this! I thought of you when I saw this and thought you might like it for minimal makeup coverage, especially in the summer:

    http://www.chiselbeauty.com/2012/04/make-your-own-mineral-veil/

    It's the mineral powder that people put on their faces (transparent) to not look so shiny/have a photo-ready face. It's just cornstarch and a little of your favorite colored powder.

    Anyway, I thought I'd put it on here under your makeup post! I've tried it and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete