Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A little story about heels

Remember when I said that heels make a girl feel pretty? Well it's true. I may get a little carried away with it sometimes. For instance,the other day it was a heels day- so I wore my white ones and decided to go on a driving adventure since I didn't have work that day. The funny thing about it is that this particular driving adventure made me decide I really needed to go on the hiking path which I ran into. And I needed to go on it NOW! So I did, but I kept telling myself that I'd turn around after I had just see what it looked like and I'd come back another day with more practical shoes. And then pretty soon I gave up on that idea and kindof started to like the idea of hiking in my white high heels. It's definitely a new spin on it.  
I looked a little goofy as it was, but add to it I was smiling like a crazy because I was just so HAPPY! I have this thing called- 'nature just makes me way too happy and I don't know why.' So I just walked around with a goof smile on my face the whole time. But actually, I think I do know why. I think it's cause I tend to hate how much our lives are focused on materialistic things ALL the time! And so to get away from all that, and just be out there with God's creations and nothing else is really great for me. And I'm pretty sure it's healthy. I have a personal belief that everyone should live close to a personal escape where they can see one of these places where materialism does not reside (ie- ocean, prarie, mountains...etc.)



On the bright side, I did meet a friend who complemented me on the shoes and invited me to join a hiking group. Unfortunately he was probably approximately 76 years old- so maybe that would be a little weird. :)

Even though they're weeds. I tend to love dandelions. That's the flower geek coming out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment