Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Two Homes/ tell the world that I'm coming HOME!

So I know it's still like, a little less than a month away...but considering that today I could say "in one week I won't be working here anymore"...it means that going back to college is soon. So rather than delay this post for a month...you get it now. Two sections- about what I love in each of my homes- Because I'm bittersweet about moving back to my second home. But really a lot of sweet. But still, for some reason I feel like this quite possibly could be the last time I really live at home- we'll see what the future holds though. Also...the whole I have two homes thing....because home is where the heart is, right?

Going back to:
Stalking the gorgeous hipsters as they rock their bands and skinny jeans at Sammies- and then pretending I am hipster
Staying up til 2 in the morning talking and not really saying anything at the same time with roommates
Walking around the abandoned campus in the crunchy fall leaves and the soft falling snow under lamplight in the brisk air (I say soft because when it's not the soft kind, it's awful)
Walking in circles around porter park for hours- just to relieve stress and talk
Standing in a cooler full of flowers indecisive about arrangements, and also- studying my scriptures in the humid greenhouse or the hot windy gardens (depending on the weather)
Jack Johnson inspired artsy homework nights
Taking a walk in the endless potato fields to clear my mind
Sliding around with grocery carts like a child at the store
Hot chocolate and walking to class when no one should be awake
Dance parties at the Hart
Late night talks about dreams on the railroad tracks in leggins and ginormous shirts (is that how you spell it?)
Studying while I "watch" soccor/basketball/sport games or when that's too distracting- living in the library
Volunteer days at the Family Crisis Center
Holy cow the people- so many people to be friends with. So much to do.

Going to miss/ highlights of my summer:
Actually having time to do ridiculous pinterestesque stuff
why am I obsessed with feet pictures?
Also. Those shoes are no longer
white.
Hiking in the mountains- yes Idaho, sorry but I think your "mountains" are lame.
Gardening- though I did not do much this summer
Staying up late watching runs of TV shows (basically just wasting time) and then sleeping in every day
Working with the bunch of people that I never expected to just LOVE...in a sandwhich shop of all places. They make me laugh, and that's what friendships about really...laughing.-I even love late night talks while washing dishes and mopping during closing.
My parents waiting up for me. Always.
The fact that I turned into quite the shopper- since I didn't have the added guilt of paying rent and tuition. Speaking of which, I'm going to miss having money in my bank account.
Day trips to liberty park and the farmers market
And how easy it is to take a week or weekend and travel. (ps...Boston, Las Vegas, Rexburg, Couer d'Alene, Grand Canyon, North Carolina, and Chicago- I'd say I'll have a satisfying amount of travel this summer)
Just constantly dreamin up stuff for the future
Family time- and pretty much forcing them to become my best friends.
Lots of weekend nights (and days...and everything??) alone means lots of soul searching
Simplicity of life
Icecream  or yummy things (not oatmeal) for breakfast...and not having to go grocery shopping or pay for food.


Three things I've definitely learned this summer:



No I did not get those off Pinterest. I made them myself thank you very much.



2 comments:

  1. i love all of these beautiful quotes!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! You are awesome! love waiting up for you too.. or trying :)

    ReplyDelete