Friday, August 3, 2012

Avant-Gaurde fashion and a new hairstyle

So you know how much I love sock buns? Well I just discovered another hairstyle that is the next best thing. 
There are so many different ways to work it- but basically it's just curling your hair around a headband worn hippy style. And if you do it right and sleep in it you wake up with perfect curls- no joke. I'm working on perfecting the curls before I do a tutorial, but it's coming. So anyways...here are pictures of different ways to work it followed by some deep thoughts about fashion...

One sided- with the other side curled and down. One thing that I learned- if you plan on wearing this for more than 20 min, you may want to consider a pretty stretchy headband- like preferably a fabric one. 



All around with a few curls left out- and a flower to spice it up. You'll feel very classy this way. Just make sure to hairspray it so it doesn't fall out.




Looks a little different from the one above because it goes all the way around.
Sorry it's a super blurry picture.
You can do a kind of french tuck with it. It's hard to explain. But basically try to cover the headband all the way around and start with a two small pieces and add to them on both sides all the way down.And then cover up the top with a scarf.


So here are my deep thoughts inspired by my strange new way to do my hair. 
Everyone says that it's in middle school when people figure out who they are. Well, I'm in college and I just barely started trying to figure out that. I think it takes moving out and being independent to start deciding that you are individual and don't need to be like everyone in whatever friend clique you are in. And THAT is when you start deciding who you want to be. And I think while you're in the middle of deciding who you should be personality wise and other wise it's okay to explore some crazy looks as well. It's okay to explore and develop your own style! It's okay to have a wardrobe you are proud of and excited about. And to follow the occasional crazy trends that you enjoy- because if you enjoy them, for you, they wont be passing fads! I want to have pictures in crazy outfits and hairstyles that one day my kids will make fun of and gasp that I ever went out in public like that! and then the next day they'll be begging for my old clothes because (bahaha!) they came back in style! :) So the title- Avant-gaurde. For those of you who don't know, it was an art movement where everyone was just trying to do their own thing and have new ideas. So that's what I'm going to try and do with my outfits and hairstyles. Explore new things, different things, in order to find what I like best.
All this from one hairdo that could be the greatest thing since sock buns! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment