Monday, October 22, 2012

For the rainy sick days in which homework should not be done

Today was the first cold rainy winter day of Rexburg. Not quite snow- but really cold and really wet. That's how it is here a lot of the time. And considering I had just gone through a particularly not-my-favorite weekend and was in a grumpy mood from being sick...the part of my brain that hates doing homework (this part does not win very often mind you) reminded me that Cara was waiting for me to be done with class so we could walk to the library and be responsible. And then it reminded me that Cara can always be counted on to encourage me to sluff (yes, I know that's such a Utah-girl word) homework and do more fun things. So it developed a plan that was only meant to last about an hour but ended up lasting most of the day. And it didn't take any convincing at all to get her to make me go through with it.
That plan started out involving a lunch of cupcakes and hot chocolate for lunch. And it ended up involving caramel apples and the presidential debate for dinner. C'est la vie...
Oh the rainy small town streets of Rexburg.



This note on the glass door to a staircase that led up to a little alley apartment- made. Cara's. day. "I still love you daring. Have a great day!" Such a little glimpse into a life.


 Puddles and pictures of feet slowly getting soaked. But really it wasn't that slowly.
On a random side note- found these cars in a parking lot and took stalker pictures of them because both were beautiful and I would be proud to be a driver of such a car as these.









Happy fall!




"Try and dip your apples while I move this pot in circles."




What a way to start the week. Tomorrow will most likely be more responsible and less fun. 

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are so good. I am sick this week too. Hate caves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Lorin and I got free hot chocolate there once because the person in front of us had their order mixed up. Instead of throwing away the cocoa, the worker gave it to us. Made our day.

    ReplyDelete