Thursday, October 25, 2012

Snowflakes on Eyelashes

There's something enchanting about a soft snow- especially when it's the first one of the season. Waking up in the morning and the world is white and tells you it's finally time to break out that notorious red hat and all your techniques for staying warm so you can tromp about The Gardens and take pictures of the trees- it's such a romantic scene. And I mean that in a completely not mushy way. I mean it as...remember all the paintings from the romantic era in art history and how majestic they were...and as in an aren't you just falling in love with how the world works...way.
How can you not be in a good mood when you're a second year Rexburg resident. Remembering the horror the snow brought the first time and I had cute boots that got soaking wet and gave me the chills all day long, and I thought the only way to survive any temperature below 50 was to cut through all buildings every chance possible. Things like that which happen to people who have never experienced the harsh weather of Rexburg. Although today was not one of those harsh days (it really was beautiful) I'm facing this winter much more prepared feeling. I know what to expect. I've bought myself some TALL and WATERPROOF boots that will keep me dry. My mom gave me wool socks. And I know that if you ever want to walk outside in a blizzard the way to get through it with clean makeup is to wear sunglasses. Slowly but surely I'm learning how to do this whole Rexburg thing. And enjoy it.

So first day of snow with no fear!

My favorite are all the people not from Utah or Idaho who think this is as bad as it's gonna get. And those same people from the states that believe in canceling school for snow- those ones that went back to bed this morning when they saw snow, only to find out that school does in fact not get cancelled for anything. Yeah, that happens often.







1 comment:

  1. I love your posts about your garden at Rexburg. It seems like a perfect place. I wish we had a garden in Provo.

    ReplyDelete