Friday, October 19, 2012

There's something about the trees

My longing for mountains full of the turning leaves of fall was finally fulfilled. I swear I complained so many times about how the Rexburg trees just didn't quite come up to par with Utah's mountains full of them. So when one of my classes went on a field trip to Salt Lake overnight I was EVER so grateful to be picked up by my dad and driven into the mountains where I stayed the night with my FAMILY (!!!) instead of in the hotel with the rest of the students. I'll tell you, it was just what I needed in the midst of this crazy life. There's nothing like your own family mixed with nature to set you at peace with the future and the present.



And then my camera died. But you get the idea.

And then I came back to Rexburg and it was as if all the trees were trying their very hardest to be beautiful and autumn-y. 

The ones that do fall justice...The few and the proud. 


 There just is something so transcendental about going out in the middle of nature and just listening to it. Being alone and out of the way of worldly things. It certainly clears your head. For me it's a way to meditate and re-boost my connection with God. This is peace. This is what gets me through the times when life gets unreasonable- it's like a filter that shows me that things happen for a reason and that I am not alone.



"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature- trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls."
-Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment