Monday, October 29, 2012

Best Friend Weekend

Hurray for my best friends coming up to visit me. So nice to feel that comfortable aspect of being your old crazy self and laughing about good times and eating cupcakes and ice-cream and all sorts of good food and being WEIRD and laughing until you fall asleep. 
Spent a good deal of time on campus looking at the art and the gardens and the greenhouses while I nerdily explain how everything works and what's going on on the campus. 

Teaching the ones who haven't had art history classes how to appreciate art. "It's like, when you're far away it looks like a picture, but then when you get up close it's just a bunch of freaking smudges!" OH the comments of understanding Impressionistic paintings. 

This was my favorite show in the Spori (ps) that's why all these pictures are everywhere. It's a ton of little pictures like the one above all on the same wall- incredible.

Awkward pictures with bars through them.



Chillin in the gardens


There's just something about a friend that you can be absolutely crazy with and they think it's completely normal. I don't know exactly how to explain how much I loved this weekend. Just that my soul felt very happy to see a familiar face and remember good times and LAUGH and act like it loves to act. 

2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU SO MUCH! Every time I come home after being with you everyone's all weirded out by my because I get in such a strange mood. Thanks for letting me stay for the weekend... Hopefully I'll see you soon :) PS send me some of those pictures of you and me and Kyle on the bench swings? They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPORI! I am jealous. Also, that is an epic sweater. That is all.

    ReplyDelete