Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Six-word memoirs

All started by Ernest Hemmingway's "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."
People were inspired by writing six word memoirs about themselves and submitting them and then creating a book that I would read. A lot were sad, a lot were about homosexuals and sex-changers and wish-I-wouldavers...you know. But here are some funny ones I picked out. And a few of them are serious.

My self image is Indiana Jones.   Peed on White House floor. Really.   Stripper then, sexual abuse therapist now.    The best antidote? Spontaneous international adventures.  Made weird children- will die proud.    I should have killed her plant.    Can't reach top shelves, married tall.    Stricter parents could have saved me.    Thesis in cosmology; diploma typo: cosmetology.     Mug shot was a flattering likeness.   We would have named him Xavier.    As a toddler I ate tadpoles.    Desperate enough to read my spam.  That dumb dog sure paid off. (this was said, by the way, by the author of Marley and Me)    Yes, I still have Superman sheets.    Philosophy student still waiting for enlightenment.    Art therapist, more fun than doctor.     They don't know I know Spanish.


                                                    What would yours be?

No comments:

Post a Comment