Friday, January 18, 2013

North Carolina round 2

So glad I got to go spend a week hanging out with my brother and his family before I go. What's not to love about spending time with people who cook fantastic meals for you, have the cutest baby ever, and love to have you. Mostly we just hung out around the house and talked and played with the baby- which was fine by me. I got to read through most of my brother's missionary journals, which really helps me, as I'm preparing to go to go and seem to have all these weird little fears creeping up when they can, to see the fun and spiritual moments that someone else has gone through and to know it'll all work out. We also went to the state park (Raven Rock) and hiked around there, and went to some museums, walks through the neighborhood, replacing the lyrics to every song in the world with Miranda's nick names, walks through campus, made a birdfeeder, and stayed up watching tv and youtubes and eating way too many toaster strudels in one night.
Some pictures and videos from the week. 
The robot in the new library- it gets your books for you. And my brother the goof. 


Oldies movies- now I know where they got it.


Mohawk baby!



Miranda always knows when there's a camera and she stops whatever she's doing to look at it (and then try to grab it of course).


 My favorite moment was in Sarah's primary class when she asked "What did you do this week to choose the right?" And one kid answered back "well...I didn't steal." :)




1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun with you here. We were so glad that you were able to visit us. Miranda loved playing with you all the time, and I felt like I was so spoiled with all of your help around the house. Thanks for the great week!

    ReplyDelete