Sunday, April 19, 2015

Interpretive Design

I realize that I haven't written in a while- I didn't have a lot of time while I was in school...but now that it's summer I can maybe get caught up. For a while I thought I didn't want to do blog stuff anymore, but then I realized that this is like a type of journal that is fun for me to keep and I do want to keep doing it.

This was one of the things we did at school for a class called interpretive design. I'll be honest- throughout the semester we did a lot of "class discussions" and I was starting to wonder what the class was all about. But for the final project we got to interpret a painting in one of the school buildings. I'll show mine and some of my classmates work. It was pretty fun. :)



Construction details: 
1- wired a shadow box (with the glass taken out) to an easle
2- crumpled up and stuck newspapers around the frame. 
3- lined the inside of the shadow box and around the newspapers with a foil (to keep it from getting wet)
4- glued (glue dots) little pizza tables onto the foil on the back (where the picture normally goes) and stuck wet floral foam pieces on them.
4- insert flowers






Other classmates work: 
















PS- check out updates on the flower arrangements page

No comments:

Post a Comment